Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting ready for art shows, teaching, and the cold icy wheather.

Well it seems like I've been in some sort of isolation for a while. I mean I have been around people, but not involved with my normal "crowd".
Winter's seem so long for me. Therefore in the fall I decided that I try my hand at teaching, to get myself around some people and get involved in the local art community. (What was I thinking?!?) Last Thursday was my first class. I've never taught anything in my life. That morning I was scared to death. I was considering faking my death and taking off for coastal Mexico or something. I didn't do that though, obviously. I finely picked my self up and thought of what I would do. I decided to gather as much materials as possible and talk about them. this should take quite some time. Next I would have then prepare a canvas. "This should take most of the time up." I was thinking. With questions and introductions there should be no problem, it's only 2 hr.'s right? Wrong! I did everything I could think of and then looked at the clock and there was 1 1/2 hr. 's left... Panic set in... then I heard one of the students say. "Why don't you do a demo for us." Hallelujah!!!! that's the answer! I don't have to fake narcolepsy now. "That's a good idea." I said. As I started the demo you could have heard a pin drop. Very unnerving situation, but better that 12 students looking at you wondering what your going to teach them. With questions added in it really wasn't that bad. I told them to bring in some items for a still life next week and well start the painting process next week. Phew!
Lately I've been preparing for some local gallery shows. I really should have painted more this winter but I've had a hard time with inspiration and then when it hits I'm in no position to paint. You know the old inspiration hits at the most inopportune times adage. I sometimes think my muse hates me or has a sick since of humor. Nevertheless I have painted and have actually come up with some very poignant paintings. So don't miss out and get to one of my shows coming up. Besides I need to replace my roof this spring and you can help me pay for that. Just kidding...
Well I woke this morning to cold weather and icy roads and it seemed like the perfect chance to catch you up on whats going down here at the casa de Ty.

No comments: